[geeks] Looking for Hardware

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 08:14:15 CDT 2007

Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Please let me know if you have this hardware you wouldn't mind letting
>> go for a small sum of money, or if you know where I might be able to
>> find any of this hardware cheap.  Thanks.
>>
>> IBM XT-286 Motherboard (I have a dead one that needs replacing)
>> Kingston SX Now! 386 upgrade (For my beloved PS/2 Mod 50)
>> Any AT-class memory boards (including EMS ones, obviously XMS preferred)
>
> Good golly, background information please - why are these older machines so important?

The XT-286 isn't particularly important to me, it's just something I
want to play with.  The memory board(s) will go with it.

The PS/2 was my first PC.  In fact, it was my first computer, after my
father's PDP-11/70.  It holds a special place in my heart.

I collect classic computers.  There's actually a few of us on these
lists.  (Including Mr. Bill, I presume?)

Peace...  Sridhar