[geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 1 16:18:06 CDT 2007

>From: Joshua Boyd <jdboyd at jdboyd.net>
>Date: 2007/06/01 Fri AM 10:37:49 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Google Images Facial Recognition!

>On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 08:08:52AM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>
>> Well, actually it's your fault. The TSA has on their website a list of
>> luggage (and lock) manufacturers who have provided keys to them.
>>
>> If you lock your luggage with one of those locks, they will, if necessary,
>> inspect your luggage with no damage.
>
>Unless they decide to cut the luggage open anyway.

In my experience, they inspect whatever they want to, they don't "prefer" or "avoid" certain locks/luggage brands...

It is a simple matter of do they use a key or a bolt cutter;^)

I checked a laptop thhough on my last trip to FL from NJ, and I got very scared when I saw the "TSA" sticker on my baggage tag, and the little "we rummaged through your stuff" piece of paper - the laptop was still there, but I was afraid enough to hand carry it on the return flight (as I always used to). I don't use the laptop on the flight, I just want to know I'll have it when I arrive...

Lionel