[geeks] IP Telephony

Dave K davek08054 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 10:30:17 CDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net> wrote:

> Yes I have experience with VOIP, one involving a client with some 50
> phones and 3 locations.

> What kind of questions are you trying to get answers to?

To be honest, I'm at the stage where I'm not sure what the questions
we need to ask should be!

For one thing, just hearing that real people in the real world are
using these things.  "Gut" reaction opinions would be interesting too.
 And perhaps a "neutral" resource to help compare the various claims
all the salesmen are making.

BTW, we're looking for a solution for 30-50 users, in a new building
(so no issues with legacy anything to worry about (a new network will
be installed too)).  One "fixed" location, and 8-12 remote users.  So
far we've seen systems from Cisco, Avaya, Altigen, and Shoretel, along
with a couple of remote-hosted services (ATS, Covad, and ATX, as I
recall).

--
Dave K
Unix Systems & Network Administrator