[geeks] Cheap 8 port Gigabit switch...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jul 30 22:52:48 CDT 2007

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:45:12 -0500 (CDT)
Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Supports Jumbo frames, and is under $25 (shipped, after rebate):
>
> Newegg.com listing:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833156211&Tpk=TEG-
> S8&CMP=AFC-Hotdealsclub&ATT=33-156-211
>
> Mfg. web page:
> http://www.trendnet.com/products/TEG-S8.htm
>
> Of course, for less than $25 (shipped), it isn't managed...

I'm not sure Trendnet stuff is any good.

However, it does make me ask: if an unmanaged switch can do jumbo frames (I
have a hard time seeing how since you often need to adjust them), then maybe
I can get by with a dumb switch.

I rather have a managed switch, but so far the prices on them are quite high.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto