[geeks] Free: Alphaserver 4100

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jul 27 17:09:49 CDT 2007

> I have here a lovely blue pedestal Alphaserver 4100 with four EV56
> processors running at 466MHz, 3 (so, N+1 redundant) power supplies,
> 768MB memory, a Mylex RAID card, a good-enough video card, and some
> number of 18GB disks in its two BA356(?) disk shelves.  It runs VMS,
> Windows NT, and FreeBSD[0] wickedly fast and just plain looks cool.
>
> I also want it gone.  Now.

I neglected to mention that this system found a home on Wednesday.
My thanks to everyone who replied.

Now if only I could find a local taker for these two DEC 7000s.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "When they turn the pages of history, when these
Elgin, TX        (   days have passed long ago, will they read of us