[geeks] installing raw OS images using PXEboot

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jul 27 00:42:34 CDT 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 17:31:01 -0500 (CDT)
Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Not to be annoying, but what OS? Windows has tools to do this (for windows
> images, of course), and I think Solaris can be convinced to do this as
> well... I think the solution you need will be tied to the OS you want to
> run.

The OS doesn't matter at all.

I'm talking about installing raw OS images, any OS, to a hard drive.

Mostly FreeBSD, but it could be others.

I'm talking about a raw copy of a drive image.  I need to install them to
machines that can only pxeboot.

It's possible they can boot a USB drive, but that's not always going to be an
option.

Thanks.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto