[geeks] Moving Stuff

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Thu Jul 26 16:17:31 CDT 2007

On Jul 26, 2007, at 4:09 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 04:02:46PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> I've had a U-Haul truck blow its transmission under me.  But U-Haul
>> gave
>> me a 24-foot GMC with a 5-speed to replace the 14-foot Ford and its
>> broken autnmatic transmission.
>
> Amy and I drove a medium-large-sized U-Haul truck full of household
> furniture from Biloxi, MS to Houston, Texas.
>
> NEVER AGAIN.
>
> The truck got us home, but it had obviously been beat to crap before
> we got it.  We nicknamed it "Pepe'".

 From my experience moving Dave McGuire's systems:

Liftgate Truck + Atomichron + Lots of Heavy Digital systems = one beat
up little truck.  (0)

The liftgate never sounded the same after we were done. ;-)

I don't recall the make of the truck though...

Mike Hebel
(0) Actually the truck did really well but I felt so sorry for it after
we moved all that stuff.
----
I have the spirit of Inuyasha.  Unfortunately it's housed in a 38 year
old body of a slug daemon shaped like me.