[geeks] 16-bit 802.11g cards?

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Tue Jul 24 13:57:25 CDT 2007

My in-laws were quite generous and recently gave my daughter a laptop.
It's a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300. It came with a Netgear 802.11b PCMCIA
card which works well for connection to the neighbor's open access
point, but, not to mine which uses WPA-PSK. I'm searching for a 802.11g
card that will go in this thing. I'm assuming that I need a 16-bit card
as the 32-bit one I have on hand doesn't "snap in". Am I correct in what
I need, or do I need something else? Anyone have an 802.11g 16-bit PC
card laying around?

Here's the specs on the laptop http://tinyurl.com/q62uo

Jeff

--
It's not working because:  Elves on strike. (Why do they call EMAG Elf Magic)