[geeks] Anybody here have experience working for HP

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jul 23 11:08:32 CDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 11:55:06AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> They're not dead yet!
> [/python]
> $127B market cap
> $97B in sales
> $12B cash - $8.x B debt = $3.x B in cash

Yes, and not a single one of their products is built to the quality
standards of ten years ago.

I recently purchased a low-end HP laser printer.  The difference between
the $97 entry-level model (out of stock at CrapUSA, of course) and the
$197 model that I bought?  Two pages per minute.  The toner/drum cartridges
(no more just replacing the toner!) run about $75 each.

Of course, three days after I bought the printer, I found a place selling
a stack of old rugged reliable Laserjet III/IV-series printers for $75. 8-(

Ten or fifteen years ago, HP would not have let the crap that they sell
now, go out the door with the HP name/logo on it.

BIll

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas