[geeks] The infamous power mac :-)

John Francini francini at mac.com
Sun Jul 22 15:42:08 CDT 2007

All the USB stuff on that computer has to be 3rd-party add-ons.
Since the 7200 is a Beige Mac, it doesn't have stock USB ports;
they've got to be on a PCI card.  The stock keyboard and rodent were
ADB on that unit, and external USB storage was unheard of when it
came out.

I suspect that the mouse (and likely keyboard as well) weren't active
until the end of the boot sequwnce because that's when the drivers
for those devices are getting loaded.