[geeks] hacking the hammer myshare storage unit

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jul 19 11:52:36 CDT 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 18:05:19 +0200
Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:01:21 -0400
> Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't want to put Debian on this thing, I want to mostly leave it
> > alone.
> What I wanted to say:
> You can set up a mostly complete debian including GCC easily, mount it
> via NFS, chroot into it and compile your own stuff. I.e. use Debain only
> to bootstrap your own stuff.

Ah, OK.

The DNS-323 guys are a lot further along, so they have full OS replacement
images.  I was reading that as "this is to replace your OS", but it is
optional and a separate "package".

The only real issue now is that some of the stuff build with Debian ARM seems
to cause illegal opcode errors on the Hammer unit.

I hope that doesn't mean that the Hammer's newer CPU is slightly
incompatible.

Anyway, I don't have time to do this now anyway, have to play this weekend.

I really need to start a wiki for Hammer Hacking.  Anyone willing to host it?

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto