[geeks] hacking the hammer myshare storage unit

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jul 18 11:51:06 CDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:38:26 -0400
"Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> Build the stack you need yourself.  I'm going to guess that this will
> include gcc, binutils, and either newlib or glibc (hopefully the
> former).  I've generally not had trouble building them for any other
> setup I needed to.

Not really enough time for that.  I was hoping someone had already put this
together and released it for the public.

Whatever Marvell uses in-house and gives to their developers, they don't
appear to make it public.

You have to sign an NDA just to get processor information and documentation.

I've been unable to find an external Marvell Orion compiler.  A generic ARM9
compiler might even work, but what I've found so far is for earlier ARM CPUs.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto