[geeks] hacking the hammer myshare storage unit

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jul 18 10:35:11 CDT 2007

Does anyone have any idea how I might get a compiler for the Hammer
Myshare storage unit, or a cross compiler for it to run on X86 Linux?

It uses a Marvell ARM9 CPU, and so far I'm not having much luck finding
binaries or a compiler for it.

I asked the company about getting ssh and things for the unit, but they
said "we will not allow the customer to access the unit".

I find that hilarious, since I got telnet root in about 10 minutes on
the box, and I think the djini is out of the bottle on these small
embedded systems.

However, the Hammer is newer than the other units, so it doesn't have
much of a hacker following yet.

I want to build software for it to add a couple of features I need.

Any ideas appreciated.

I hope to go through its OS and dig out all of the details on its
kernel, library revisions, etc, sometimes this week or weekend.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto