[geeks] UNIX-like OS for a laptop

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 10 14:16:37 CDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:01:38 -0400
Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > I run things like that on UNIX X/WM setups too.
> >
> > That's not what I'm talking about.
> >
> > For the rest of the typical desktop app stuff I do on UNIX today:
> >
> > I have run those with and without a DE.
> >
> > They run far better with a DE in my experience.
>
> You keep telling me what you *don't* mean by "desktop application" and
> you never tell me what you *do* mean.

I told you what I mean.

Why give you a list when I can simply say, again, "applications that depend
on DEs."

Most new apps fall into that category now, and while some will gracefully
degrade, the run better under a DE.

It's really simple.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto