[geeks] UNIX-like OS for a laptop

William Kirkland bill.kirkland at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 13:32:28 CDT 2007

PLEASE clarify, do you mean Microsoft Windows?

... I agree with your point, DE describes nothing, when discussing
what applications are being used on a desktop.

On Jul 10, 2007, at 11:04 PDT, geeks-request at sunhelp.org wrote:

 > Message: 2
 > Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:10:16 -0500 (CDT)
 > From: "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net>
 > Subject: Re: [geeks] UNIX-like OS for a laptop
 >
 > On Tue, 10 Jul 2007, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
 > > I have run those with and without a DE.
 >
 > > They run far better with a DE in my experience.
 >

 > You keep telling me what you *don't* mean by "desktop application"
and
 > you never tell me what you *do* mean.

He means "desktop applications"!  You know, those things!

Uh, those things that everyone runs that require KDE or GNOME.  You
know, like, uh...stuff.

Oh come on, there has to be -some reason- those bloated piles of trash
exist, right?

Oh right, because the folks developing them really wish they were
running Windows, but can't admit it.

bill.kirkland at gmail.com