[geeks] WANTED: hard drive mobile racks

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jul 9 10:01:00 CDT 2007

On my PC, I use mobile HDD racks to allow me to swap the main boot
drive.

The system runs UNIX 99% of the time, but that swappable drive is what I
use for Windows, and anything I'm experimenting with or testing.

I have had two different mobile racks over the years, and in both cases
they work fine, but the 40mm fans die and/or starting making terrible
noises before a year is up.

Does anyone know of any decent single-drive racks whose fans are good,
or which at least have easily replacable fans?

Anyone ever run one with no fan at all?

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto