[geeks] SGI Indy spotted in "kid" movie...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 5 12:36:09 CDT 2007

Hello all,

Just wanted to note that I spotted an SGI Indy under the monitor of a computer used by the lead in a "kid" movie ("First Kid" [0]) with the actor/commedian Sinbad. The computer was being used in a manner similar to the *utter* waste of an Emu Emulator ][[1] in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" [2]- to play recorded speech to convince others the kid is still in the room. In the case of the movie I saw last night ("First Kid") it did have the added complexity of detecting when someone spoke in the room and playing the sound clip...

Lionel

[0] First Kid - http://imdb.com/title/tt0116311/
[1] Emulator ][ - http://www.i2.i-2000.com/~jeffrey/EMU.htm
[2] Ferris Bueller - http://imdb.com/title/tt0091042/