[geeks] WANTED: decent imap server for NetBSD

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jul 4 11:25:17 CDT 2007

I need a fast imap server for NetBSD that can serve MBOX files.

I'm currently using dovecot, but it still has problems where it corrupts
its database, or otherwise gets confused and the clients have errors.

I used to run imap-uw, but it's performance sucked.

Anyone know of another lightweight imap server, but one which happens to
work reliably?

The reason I don't switch to maildir is that I never found a setup that
I liked.  The imap servers frequently were inflexible in handling things
like nested folders, or gave funky folder names to clients, etc.

maildir might be technically better, but the "interface" to it sucks in
all the cases I've seen.

Plus, I have so many tools that work with MBOX files that would have to
be rewritten, and I just don't have time.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto