[geeks] Windows XP 64bit Licensing?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 3 10:17:57 CDT 2007

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Phil Brutsche wrote:
>> Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>> The main things you lose by not updating a WinXP system are their
>>> "malware removal" tools, service packs, and the like... Easily
>>> replaced by the free software here:
>>>
>>> http://free.grisoft.com/
>> Ugh, AVG Free. REALLY annoying (it wants to rescan the entire HD when
>> someone *different* logs in, won't do the scheduled scan unless someone
>> is logged in) and doesn't do a very good job - I've seen virus and
>> spyware infections on AVG "protected" machines.
>
> Your experience with it does not match mine.

Same here.  I've found AVG Free works pretty good, and also noted that it seems
to find problems that some of the expensive ones miss.

It would be nice if it would run while no one was logged in, but that's a
general problem with Windows software.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto