[geeks] nerd reading for a Friday night ... old-skool waxed

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jan 31 16:48:18 CST 2007

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> That's not what I meant.
>
> What I meant was that many people provided bang-paths to those
> particular machines because they were well connected and well known.
> Literally everyone knew how to get the ucbvax.  It was the center of the
> UUCP network.

I understood you the first time, I just question the validity of it.

No machine in the maps was any more well known than any other.  It was
just an entry in the database like any other.

odu was in the maps, so there was no effective difference between the two.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We are all of us in the gutter, some of
us looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde]