[geeks] Vista cost

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Jan 31 16:10:59 CST 2007

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:50:33 +0100, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> Who would want DRM... AT ALL??

The media companies ... who obviously feel that punishing legitimate
buyers is going to discourage the ones who steal content.

Perhaps I'm a little odd, but being trusted to do the right thing tends
to make me behave, and implying that I'm not trusted (with DRM and
those really irritating warnings about illegal copying in DVD opening
scenes) makes me want to start haunting torrent search sites and punish
my ISP by downloading as much as possible.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  "Spammers on the Internet are like hula hoops, pet rocks, or subway