[geeks] nerd reading for a Friday night ... old-skool waxed

Dave Fischer dave at cca.org
Tue Jan 30 17:19:48 CST 2007

gsm at mendelson.com writes:

>On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 04:45:53PM -0500, Dave Fischer wrote:
>> I wrote the first 3rd-party commercial software for Coherent-286.
>> (First, or only? Dunno.) Coherent was great. Made your PC feel like
>> a small PDP-11. Never used the 386 version, had moved off PCs by
>> that point.

>Neat, what was it? I wrote the first (and only) full featured netnews
>system for it.

A shell, with command history and a weird screens-like hack that
looked like BSD job control from the command line. It was flakey
though. I think I sold around 40-50 copies.

------ David Fischer -------- dave at cca.org -------- http://www.cca.org ------
See Jungle! See Jungle! Go Join Your Gang, Yeah! City All Over, Go Ape Crazy!