[geeks] nerd reading for a Friday night ... old-skool waxed

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Jan 30 15:24:47 CST 2007

" From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>
"
" On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 08:14:30PM +0000, Mike Meredith wrote:
"
" > I remember http over email, but I don't recall it being used that much
" > where I was. ftp over email on the other hand, I used quite a bit. In
" > fact my first attempt at installing 386BSD (and then Linux) was
" > 'downloaded' via email. It took quite a while to assemble all those
" > emails :)
"
" I remember that it was at DEC, but I can't remember the hostname.

decwrl?  i recall that was a major mailhub on the early internet.