[geeks] Vista cost

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 13:33:45 CST 2007

On 28 Jan 2007, at 22:46, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

>> We're going to end up buying something after the 30th, blowing away
>> Vista, and putting XP SP2 on it...
>
> ...and you'll be paying $N for something you won't need as a
> "Microsoft
> tax".

The XP license entitles users who do not use the supplied OEM Windows
OS on the computers bought with Windows to return the OEM software
package and license agreement to Microsoft (unopened of course) for a
refund. I think it totals around $55 on XP Home machines.

Then again what's the betting they took that out of the Vista EULA ;o)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>
68kMac.org:
<http://www.68kmac.org>

"Introducing Macintosh Classic II - pick one out on your way past the
trash!"