[geeks] Gigabit Ethernet

Kevin R. Marshall kevin at mpcf.com
Mon Jan 29 13:32:14 CST 2007

In my experience, the 10baseT device will not be able to speak to anything.  Perhaps some advanced switches can "route" between jumbo frame networks, but i have not come across any.  I usually get around the situation by setting up a small router to go between the 10/100baseT net and the jumbo frame clean stuff.

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:11:41 -0500
Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Say I have a Gig E switch with three devices plugged into it.  Two of
> them are Gig E devices and the third is a half-duplex 10BASE-T device.
> Is it safe to run jumbo frames on the two Gig E devices?  How will the
> switch cope with that configuration?
>
> The switch is an HP ProCurve.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

/~\ The ASCII