[geeks] Vista cost

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 28 22:21:29 CST 2007

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2007/01/28 Sun PM 01:51:28 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Vista cost

<snip>

>You know what else sucks?  We went out last night to buy Amy a new
>laptop.  Almost NONE of the stores we went to (CompUSA, Best Buy) had
>ANY laptops in stock, or only had the loss-leaders with 15" screens
>(bigger than what we want).  CompUSA even had tons of signs "Available
>for purchase after January 30th".
>
>Even if we'd *WANTED* to come home with a laptop last night, it was
>just about impossible to buy something nearing the config we wanted.
>
>This is all because no retailers want to have laptops with XP preloaded
>for sale or left in stock after Vista comes out.
>
>We're going to end up buying something after the 30th, blowing away
>Vista, and putting XP SP2 on it...

This looks appealing, if I remember your specifications:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?
skuId=8224753&ref=39&loc=01&type=product&id=1166840116787

Pre-order for a Vista Home Premium  laptop, $599 GATEWAY Core 2 Duo, 1 Gig
RAM, 100 Meg HD, 5.2 pounds, but a 14" screen...

Oh, and NO REBATES ;^)