[geeks] nerd reading for a Friday night ... old-skool waxed twine lacing

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Jan 28 19:10:38 CST 2007

" Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:25:25 -0600 (CST)
" From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net>
"
" I guess in hind sight they needed the approval for long distance to get into
" cellular phone market and offer bundled long distance, but it would take a
" whole lot for me to give up a legal monopoly (esp. with a federally mandated
" profit on every dollar spent!)...

bell labs is/was their research arm, so by definition every dollar
they spent was research expense right?  so they could go to the govt
and say we've had research expenses, we need a rate increase and get
it.  the sub rosa joke at att-bl was spend $1, save $1.10...  it was a
very sweet place to work at back then.