[geeks] Anyone planning on upgrading after Feb 23, 207?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 28 07:43:01 CST 2007

I, of course, amd talking about Ham licenses in the US.

I currently hold a Technician license, but will automatically gain the HF
privliges of the Technician Plus class of license (Element 2 + CW got you
access to limited CW on various bands and SSB on 10 meters)

I plan on getting the Gordon West exam prep questions and attempt to upgrade
to at least General Class at TCF this spring, and if possible, I plan to try
for Extra as well, but think that might be a stretch ^)

Link to ARRL announcement: http://www.arrl.org/w1aw/2007-arlb005.html

The lack of a CW requirement was never that big a burden, but now that it's
gone, that has inspired me to make an effort to upgrade...

Lionel