[geeks] nerd reading for a Friday night ... old-skool waxed twine lacing

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Jan 27 00:43:13 CST 2007

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 01:30:45AM -0500, James Fogg wrote:
> That black 2500 set is meant for use on hookflash sense PBX systems to
> provide system (digital) terminal like features to a 2500 phone. It
> saves about $250 on the cost of a desk phone compared to a proprietary
> system phone (a pbx-specific phone).

Neat!  It works fine plugged into my POTS line.

Unfortunately, I can't have more than one "real bell ringer" 2500
set on my line (I have an avacado green 500 rotary set in the
kitchen), or my DSL craps out when the phone rings.

I'd call SBC^Hat&t, but I'm afraid that they'd just look at me
funny if I requested a ringing-voltage check.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas