[geeks] SATA on G4 Power Mac (bootable?)

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jan 25 13:38:48 CST 2007

Wed, 24 Jan 2007 @ 22:18 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:

> >From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> >Date: 2007/01/24 Wed PM 06:10:05 CST
> >To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> >Subject: Re: [geeks] SATA on G4 Power Mac (bootable?)
>
> <snip>
>
> >Did you run your SATA cables from the card, under the motherboard, to
> >the drive bays?
>
> Why would you do that - a PCI controller would only be about 4-6" from the
> drive, at the most - instead, I'd look for the shortest SATA cables I could
> find...

Because I don't like running cables across the other cards and CPUs.

I suppose it doesn't matter, I just try to keep wiring as neat as I can.

My PC is frustrating because I can't route things like I want.  Most of
my cables are too long.

So far I've been too lazy to make custom cables.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There are nowadays professors of
philosophy, but not philosophers." ]