[geeks] SATA on G4 Power Mac (bootable?)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 25 07:50:36 CST 2007

>From: John Francini <francini at mac.com>
>Date: 2007/01/25 Thu AM 06:42:05 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] SATA on G4 Power Mac (bootable?)

>I've been watching all the discussions about this with interest.
>
>I'd suggest going with the OWC card mentioned in the original
>posting.  OWC is a longtime Mac-centric reseller, and they stand
>behind their products. If they claim their product will boot on older
>Macs, then it will.  And the price is right.  You just have to not
>use both the external and internal SATA connectors for the same port
>simultaneously.
>
>Just my $0.02,

John, I agree - I know and respect OWC, my question really revolved around
the potential speed-up, and looking for real-worl confirmation of the boot-
ability (?) of older Macs on SATA drives.

On a related, but different tack - anyone know of PCI SATA cards that older
(PIII) PCs can boot off of? Really just curious if anyone has done something
like that (slap a SATA boot drive in a PIII box)...

Lionel