[geeks] FRU SEEPROM Question

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jan 18 14:57:39 CST 2007

Thu, 18 Jan 2007 @ 14:16 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:

> >From: Michael Thompson <m_thompson at ids.net>
> >Date: 2007/01/18 Thu PM 12:22:53 CST
> >To: geeks at sunhelp.org
> >Subject: [geeks] FRU SEEPROM Question
>
> >I am looking for patent prior art where more than one copy of FRU
> >(Field Replaceable Unit) data was stored in a SEEPROM. I can find
> >many cases where serial number, manufacturing date, etc is stored in
> >a SEEPROM, but only one copy. Any clues?
>
> I'm sorry, but reading between the lines, is redundancy "patentable"?

Well, clicking on a link to download a file is patented...

But more seriously, I am pretty sure Gigabyte has a patent on dual BIOS.

I don't know what a SEEPROM is, but since they have a patent on
redundant PROM data, it might be related.

Not sure how to find it though.  Maybe do a patent search for Gigabyte
and see what theirs says.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["All of us get lost in the darkness,
dreamers turn to look at the stars" -- Rush ]