[geeks] Lomo/Holga photography

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sun Jan 14 17:27:58 CST 2007

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 17:15:05 -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2007, at 3:47 PM, Dan Duncan wrote:
>
> > My wife is into photography and has recently expressed interest in
> > getting a Lomo/Holga camera.  I'd like to pick one up for her

My inner cynic says the whole lomophotography thing is a marketing
gimic to sell more crappy cameras. Of course my inner cynic does get
out of hand sometimes. If you google for 'faking lomo' you'll come
across many methods for giving that lomo-look to ordinary images.

> You are in luck, in that as people as switching to digital they are
> making the used 35mm market crater in terms of pricing.

And to a lesser extent MF equipment.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 By the way, you DON'T want to see what a meat layer buffer overrun