[geeks] Air filter material?

Fri Jan 12 00:13:44 CST 2007

>> I doubt many mobile wifi setups pump out 4W.
> It depends upon the beam width. If you take a 100mW signal from an
> omnidirectional antenna (a sphere) and reduce the beam width 40
> times, then it's over the limit.

...huh??  A watt - or milliwatt - is a unit of power, not of
power-per-cross-sectional-area.  100mW is 100mW, whether it's radiated
omnidirectionally or in a perfectly collimated beam the size of your
finger.  (I suppose it's possible the regulations actually specify
power per cross-sectional area at some standardized distance, but I've
never seen any indication of it and see no reason they would.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca