[geeks] Air filter material?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jan 10 09:27:20 CST 2007

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 08:44:24AM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> I'm going to Apple later today to have a "Guru" help me with my new
> MacBook Pro - it "sees" my WiFi network (lists SSIDs, has good signal in
> menu bar, etc.), but reports no connectivity to Intenret, while other
> computers access fine. I rebooted cable modem and cable router to no
> avail. It gets a DHCP address, but even if I manually supply TCP/IP info
> it doesn't work (Fixed IP, hard-code gateway, subnet, and DNS server)...
> I suspect bad hardware - we'll see.

Turn off all encryption and try again.

Try turning on or off "interference robustness".

Does anything else work with the WiFi router. I had a problem where
I could connect to the router and to the world. It turned out to be
a bad cable from the router to the rest of my network.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838