[geeks] Backlight issues - should I use AppleCare?

John Francini francini at mac.com
Sat Jan 6 01:16:38 CST 2007

I absolutely concur.  The backlight shouldn't go uneven on you in only a year.

Bring it in.  They'll replace the backlight pronto.  And if you
mention the creaking, they'll make that go away as well.  It is
exactly for this sort of thing that AppleCare exists.

I have an 800 MHz TiBook that developed a dark area along the bottom
of the display, perhaps 4-5 inches long and 1/2 inch high.  I had
AppleCare, and the unit was about 2.5 years into the 3 year coverage.
I brought the unit in to my local Apple Store, they took one look,
made sure the AppleCare was still valid (it was), and sent it off.
Apple replaced practically the entire top half of the computer.

John