[geeks] Backlight issues - should I use AppleCare?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jan 5 22:43:25 CST 2007

Need an opinion here.

I've had this Core Duo 20" iMac for almost a year now (bought it on
1/19/06).  It's developed a spot of uneven backlighting on the extreme
left-hand side, 2/3rds of the way down from the top, just a "streak" where
its brighter than the rest.

Most of the time if I don't have a solid color background, its not
noticeable unless you look for it.. but now that I know its there, its
annoying as hell.

Other than that, the display is perfect (and has no dead pixels), although
I can touch and push the extreme bottom left corner with a finger and it
moves a fraction of an inch and "creaks" - its like whatever holds the
LCD to to the bezel wasn't properly screwed down at the factory.  *that*
has been going on since I took it out of the box.

Would I be a picky bitch if I took it in for AppleCare service?

Pictures - see if you can spot the spot I'm talking about:

http://www.mrbill.net/images/backlight/

Bill

--
Bill Bradford