[geeks] replacement volume puck for monsoon speakers

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jan 5 15:20:44 CST 2007

I have a set of Monsoon speakers on my computer.  Very nice, but the
volume puck they shipped was crap.

Monsoon went out of business and you can't get the replacement pucks any
more, and I really don't want one since they all have the problem.

What happens is the volume control is so cheap, it wears out (sometimes
in a matter of weeks) and volume control gets "scratchy" and hard to
adjust.

I could just hook the speakers up with no volume control and use
software, but sometimes the puck is more convienient.

Here is an ebay listing for what I'm talking about:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Monsoon-Puck-Volume-Controller-for-Speaker-Systems-NEW_W0QQitemZ110075271573QQihZ001QQcategoryZ3702QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(Wow, ebay programmers are on crack.)

Does anyone know where I might find a high quality replacement for this?

Surely someone makes a volume control for a sound card's line out that
is better than these things.

The ones I see for headset volume control are nearly as bad as this one,
or I just get one of them.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["And in billows of might swell the Saxons
before her,-- Unite, oh unite!	Or the billows burst o'er her!" -- Downfall