[geeks] Older Intel Processors

Nick B. nick at pelagiris.org
Wed Jan 3 00:49:18 CST 2007

I was about to ask you what crack you were on, and where I could get some, but
decided to do my research first.  This turned out to be a good thing, as the
2.4B ghz P4s had the better 533MHZ bus, which saves them from the... lets call
it "special" memory speed original P4s were famous for.  I'd tend to avoid the
entire P4 line, as there were many huge potholes, and it's not worth the
effort required to figure out which variant any particular P4 happened to be,
and the Core2 chips are quite cheap and amazingly fast for intel procs.
	Nick