[geeks] bridging games

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Mon Jan 1 20:36:38 CST 2007

Phil Brutsche wrote:
> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> 	I made sure both LANs can route to each other.
>>
>> 	I put a redirect on my router box (NetBSD U1) machine's ipnat.conf
>> 	redirecting the game ports to the game server.
>
> Most LAN games are specifically designed to be played over just that: a
> LAN; same ethernet segment, same IP subnet, etc.
>
> I think it's silly how hard games make simple things. What happed to the
> days of specifying the IP # of the server ala Quake3?

Bzflag still works that way.  Probably helps that it's open source and
the guy(s) developing it don't need to justify a hefty price tag.  You
just drive around and shoot other players.

http://www.bzflag.org/

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod