[geeks] solaris compatibility tool

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Feb 27 19:20:20 CST 2007

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 17:38:35 -0500
"Francois Dion" <francois.dion at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just noticed that Sun has a Java web start application to test
> hardware compatibility with the newly released Solaris Express
> Developer Edition (Feb 07). Let me bore you with the details:
>
> http://solarisdesktop.blogspot.com/2007/02/how-compatible-is-your-computer.html

How do you download that?

I installed Sun Download Manager, but it never works.  Always errors out with
a dialog saying it could not find a file in /tmp.

I tried using the link that isn't supposed to use SDM, and it doesn't work
either.  In fact, it fired up SDM.

Now the Sun download page says the file has already been downloaded, and
won't give me a link to download any more.

They say that to download again, you have to view your download history.
Doing that requires me to login with a sunsolve account.  I do have a login,
but it appears I just get another offering of the same links which didn't
work the first time.

Is there some way to download this using more standard protocols?

--
shannon          | I want this Perl software checked for viruses.  Use Norton