[geeks] Not sure if they were running Vista...

Sun Feb 25 23:28:35 CST 2007

> I find it hard to believe that the planes were in danger.  A friend
> of mine trained in an F-16, which also has purely computerized
> navigation, and they were required to know how to operate without it,
> even complete missions without it.

> Does anyone here believe that F-22 pilots are not trained the same
> way?

I've heard (and seen) it said that modern fighter planes are
aerodynamically unstable and cannot be flown by anything with a
reaction time longer than a millsecond or so, which seems to me to run
counter to what you're saying.

Is this not true, or is there something else I'm missing, or what?

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca