[geeks] Best Vista story I've seen

Mike Murphy mrm at mole.org
Wed Feb 21 13:15:26 CST 2007

>From: adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker)

"" From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
""
"" I hear all the time that so many organizations and small businesses could
use
"" computer power that they can't afford, but if you offer it, even for free,
"" there are no takers.

"this is like the gag about the man who remodels his kitchen.  he puts
"the old fridge out on the sidewalk with a 'free' sign on it.  it sits
"there for a week.  then he puts a '$50 - ask inside' sign on it and
"it's stolen within 4h.

Just to remove the story from a FOAF, and make it a story from a F, we put a
Xerox 2700 printer,
far too heavy to lift into the dumpster in the alley, next to the dumpster
with a "For Sale $75"
sign and it was gone that afternoon. The dumpster hadn't been collected.
Long beach, CA, c. 1980.