[geeks] An NFS conundrum (solved)

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon Feb 19 16:26:56 CST 2007

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:10:04 -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> same way as it broke on llioness.  So despite all the traffic LOOKING
> right, and despite doing all appropriate packet scrubbing and
> reassembly on the firewall, UDP datagrams are in fact getting hosed
> going across the firewall.

I did a little googling because I wouldn't expect an OpenBSD firewall
to do anything odd. I came across :-

http://kerneltrap.org/node/579

I don't know if this has been fixed but it sounds like somebody is
forgetting the principle of least astonishment ... on balance probably
the Linux people.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
'I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my