[geeks] An NFS conundrum

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Feb 19 13:41:16 CST 2007

I've just discovered that by starting minbar's nfsd with
NFSD_PROTOCOL=TCP instead of NFSD_PROTOCOL=ALL, I can make nfs break
from babylon5 in the same way that it's broken from llioness.  So
despite all appearances and all evidence from the firewall logs, it
appears there IS in fact something going wrong with UDP traffic between
the two subnets.

The question now becomes, why...  (and of course, how I fix it).

--
 It's not the years, it's the mileage.
 Phil Stracchino              phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220                Mobile: 603-320-5438