[geeks] DST changes redux

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 19:07:31 CST 2007

Has anyone seen a definitive answer as to what running applications
require a restart after the OS updates for DST?

I know Sun is recommending a reboot across the board and most
certainly if libc is patched.  On Linux however, the TZ files are the
only thing being replaced and I'd rather not reboot if I didn't have
to.  (I do not we'll likely have to schedule downtime to deal with the
DST stuff for MySQL.)

I've been googling for info on the topic, and will keep looking, but
was hoping maybe someone else had already come across it?

Thanks--
=Nadine=