[geeks] pci express x8 video card?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Feb 14 16:41:56 CST 2007

Tue, 13 Feb 2007 @ 16:34 -0500, Francois Dion said:

> Looking for an nvidia video card that is pci express x8, if there is
> such a thing? All I see is x1 or x16. Anything x4 or x8?

Yes, however, they are incredibly rare.

They also cost more than x1 or x16 cards.

If you don't think an x1 card is fast enough, then get a 16x card,
and buy something called the "Orbit Micro Converter".

http://store.orbitmicro.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=21199

I have heard that it works great, running the card at 8x.

However, it does raise the card up a bit, so I don't know how you would
go about securing the card's slot cover to the chassis.

--
shannon           | Consulting wouldn't be what it is today without Microsoft