[geeks] pci express x8 video card?

Doug McLaren dougmc at frenzied.us
Tue Feb 13 22:13:14 CST 2007

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 11:03:46PM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

| Francois Dion wrote:
| > Looking for an nvidia video card that is pci express x8, if there is
| > such a thing? All I see is x1 or x16. Anything x4 or x8?
|
| Not that I've ever heard of.  Only x1 and x16.  Why not just use an x1
| card in that x8 slot?

I believe the really cheap ECS board that has a GeForce 6150 built in
also has an x16 slot that runs at x8.  I assume that it can use
standard x16 PCI-E video cards, but I'm not certain of that.

And I think the x1 PCE-E slots are totally different, and there's not
much out there that can use them yet.

Doug McLaren, dougmc at frenzied.us
All the world's a stage and ... NUTS! I just forgot my line!