[geeks] HP Laserjet 5Si MX advice

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Feb 6 15:53:50 CST 2007

Tue, 06 Feb 2007 @ 14:40 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:

> Hello all,
>
> I've set up the printer I got last week, and I was able to get it set
> up by telneting into the DHCP address, but I was wondering is there a
> GUI for printer management? Right now I'm using it as a big postscript
> printer with a built-in duplexer - I have to assume there is some way
> to change all the various settings remotely via a GUI tool... WinXP or
> Solaris is fine.

CUPS is messy, but probably has an interface to most of the features on
the printer.

Or, the 5si originally came with a CD that had "HP Tools" on it which
should do what you want.

Here's a URL that lists several 5si series printers along with software
for Windows, Linux, Mac, etc:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=25478&taskId=135

--
shannon                      | javalin: