[geeks] What happens when the humidity is too low?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Feb 5 19:57:11 CST 2007

Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2007, at 7:02 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>> Now we have even bigger computer centers all over the place, and yet I
>> can't remember the last time I saw one with real grounding systems,
>> proper cooling, and humidity displays and control.
>>

> The Level3 facility my machines are in, has a Liebert in the corner
> that in addition to cooling provides hum/dehum as needed.

That's good.

But even small shops can do well with normal A/C equipment if they'll
just be careful and install some minimal automation.

For that matter, you should do all you can afford to do at home for your
computers to keep then cool and the right humidity.

When I look at how some people's homes are where they use their
computers, I marvel that they work at all.

--
shannon           | We have nothing to prove.